RED (Or Blue Lining for some people) ------ the Olive Garden
START TIME AND MEETING PLACES: This week is our wrap-up week for 2007, October 18, 2007.† We will be meeting at 6:00PM at the Olive Garden in Randolph.
Remember, there are rattlesnakes in the Blue Hills and some have been seen recently, but we arenít going to be hiking outdoors, so if we do see one in the Olive Garden, RUN!!!!!!† Jim Plouffe (508) 726-8973
What to bring:
- Hiking boots (YEAH, I DONíT THINK THESE ARE NEEDED)
- Rain Coat required (BUT REALLY, DO YOU REALLY THINK WEíLL NEED IT INDOORS?)
- Water. IF YOU ASK THE WAITSTAFF NICELY, THEY WILL PROBABLY BRING YOU SOME, FREE OF CHARGE
- - Headlamp or flashlight. ONLY IF THE POWER GOES OUT
- ĎFirst Aid kití IíM HOPING WE WONíT NEED IT, BESIDES, THEY DIDNíT TEACH ABOUT CHOKING IN WFA!
- Toilet paper: IF THEY DONíT HAVE ANY, MAYBE WE SHOULD RECONSIDER THE LOCATION NEXT YEAR. J
- Cancellation Policy: ITíS UP TO YOU, BUT I LIKE THERE FOOD AND LOVE YOUR COMPANY
- Risks: CHOKING, ALLERGIES, WAITSTAFF DROPPING THINGS, ETC.
- General notes:
1) Dogs are NOT permitted IN THE RESTAURANT
2) Cell phones may be brought, but must be kept turned off during the hikes.† STILL APPLIES, THOUGH VIBRATE WILL BE OKAY
3) We will hike Ďtogether.í Please plan to complete the hike with us. Light rain will not cancel the hikes. Under severe weather conditions (if it starts pouring) we, as a group, will decide to continue or head back.† OKAY, SO WE WILL HIKE AROUND THE TABLE ONCE.
4) Thunderstorms will cancel, or shorten, the trips! NOT THIS ONE!
5) Anyone† with any medical conditions (asthma and use an inhaler, allergies and carry an Epipen, etc.) please inform me.† NOT A BAD IDEA ABOUT FOOD ALLERGIES.
6) Non-AMC members are permitted (encouraged!) to attend. (Hopefully having fun with us will encourage them/you to join. J)† IF YOU WANT TO INVITE A FRIEND, BUT PLEASE LET ME KNOW SO WE CAN HAVE ENOUGH SEATS
7) If you wish to bring a friend, whom you know to have experience, the proper equipment, etc, just let me know a few days before the hike.† ALREADY TOOOOO LATE
8) There are rattlesnakes and copperheads within the Blue Hills. (They are rare, but they do exist) If you are concerned about this ask me now, not if we meet one on the trail ;-)† AGAIN, RUN IF YOU SEE ONE INSIDE!