RED(Or Blue Lining for some people) ------ the BLUE ^^^^ís
START TIME AND MEETING PLACES: This week, October 4, 2007, we will be meeting at 5:30PM at the parking lot across from the State Police barracks.
Remember, there are rattlesnakes in the Blue Hills and some have been seen recently, albeit not in the area we are going to be in. So, please keep an eye about you. Jim Plouffe (508) 726-8973
What to bring:
- Hiking boots
- Rain Coat required (Please bring it every week, if only to appease the sun gods)
- Water. At least 1 quart. Hiking will work up a thirst. Dehydration is a major source of hiking problems. Staying hydrated during the hikes will also help you feel better the next day.
- Headlamp or flashlight. The nights will be getting longer, but we still sometimes get out in the dark. Itíll be necessary to have one.
- ĎFirst Aid kití I will be carrying a group first aid kit in case of injury, however participants should always bring Band-Aids, moleskin, Motrin and any other such small items as they may typically need during a hike.
- Toilet paper: There are no rest areas in the woods. J
- Cancellation Policy: I plan to hike every Thursday, rain or shine. Fun is where and when you make it! However thunderstorms will cancel, or shorten, the hikes!
- Risks: As discussed previously, there are risks, from rattlesnakes and poison parsnip to deer ticks, EEE, West Nile virus and breaking your ankle, from poking your eye with a branch to heart attacks. There are also balancing benefits, like exercise and the fellowship of other hikers. Thatís not to mention the simple pleasure of walking in the woods! The balance point varies for each person. Itís your choice.
- General notes: