RED(Or Blue Lining for some people) ------ the BLUE ^^^^ís
START TIME AND MEETING PLACES: This week, July 19, 2007, we will be having a 5:30 Early Bird special.
The early bird special meeting location will be the parking area at the intersection of Route 28 and Chickatawbut Road. The meeting time will be promptly at 5:30PM.
The regular hike will meet at 6:00PM at the Chickatawbut Hill Overlook parking area. Both of these hikes will be the final group hikes of the official Red Line the Blue Hills hikes. This only means that a variety of people will be "Blue Lining" from this point forward. Donít worry if you havenít finished Red Lining. You can count every hike from now on towards that goal.
What to bring:
- Hiking boots
- Rain Coat required (Please bring it every week, if only to appease the sun gods)
- Water. At least 1 quart. Hiking will work up a thirst. Dehydration is a major source of hiking problems. Staying hydrated during the hikes will also help you feel better the next day.
- Headlamp or flashlight. The nights will be getting longer, but we still sometimes get out in the dark. Itíll be necessary to have one.
- ĎFirst Aid kití I will be carrying a group first aid kit in case of injury, however participants should always bring Band-Aids, moleskin, Motrin and any other such small items as they may typically need during a hike.
- Toilet paper: There are no rest areas in the woods. J
- Cancellation Policy: I plan to hike every Thursday, rain or shine. Fun is where and when you make it! However thunderstorms will cancel, or shorten, the hikes!
- Risks: As discussed previously, there are risks, from rattlesnakes and poison parsnip to deer ticks, EEE, West Nile virus and breaking your ankle, from poking your eye with a branch to heart attacks. There are also balancing benefits, like exercise and the fellowship of other hikers. Thatís not to mention the simple pleasure of walking in the woods! The balance point varies for each person. Itís your choice.
- General notes:
Any questions, call or email me.
Jim Plouffe, Co-leader/Leader
CELL PHONE: (508) 726-8973