RED(Or Blue Lining for some people) ------ the BLUE ^^^^’s
START TIME AND MEETING PLACES: This week, July 12, 2007, we will be hiking out back on old route 128. This week is make up for week # 1 of 2006 (And the beginning for BLUE LINING). Start time is 6:00 P.M. To get there, take Route 128 to exit 3 and travel North to the end. Take a right and drive about ˝ mile to the large Houghton’s Pond Parking Lot. Thanks and we’ll see you Thursday night! E-mail me with any questions.
What to bring:
- Hiking boots
- Rain Coat required (Please bring it every week, if only to appease the sun gods)
- Water. At least 1 quart. Hiking will work up a thirst. Dehydration is a major source of hiking problems. Staying hydrated during the hikes will also help you feel better the next day.
- Headlamp or flashlight. The nights will be getting longer, but we still sometimes get out in the dark. It’ll be necessary to have one.
- ‘First Aid kit’ I will be carrying a group first aid kit in case of injury, however participants should always bring Band-Aids, moleskin, Motrin and any other such small items as they may typically need during a hike.
- Toilet paper: There are no rest areas in the woods. J
- Cancellation Policy: I plan to hike every Thursday, rain or shine. Fun is where and when you make it! However thunderstorms will cancel, or shorten, the hikes!
- Risks: As discussed previously, there are risks, from rattlesnakes and poison parsnip to deer ticks, EEE, West Nile virus and breaking your ankle, from poking your eye with a branch to heart attacks. There are also balancing benefits, like exercise and the fellowship of other hikers. That’s not to mention the simple pleasure of walking in the woods! The balance point varies for each person. It’s your choice.
- General notes:
Any questions, call or email me.
Jim Plouffe, Co-leader/Leader
CELL PHONE: (508) 726-8973